TheCanDo

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Tammy Zywicki info

I thought I would leave anyone who happens to read this with the info I had left when it came to Tammy's case. The following are just obscure thoughts, info, that others might be interested in. First, the book I read at the library is called Big Rig Souls. I learned a few things about the trucking industry, such as what an LTL operation is: Less than full truckloads, anything from 200 to 10,000 lb shipments. I also read about a Des Moines truck customizer who adds special features to customize trucks. I thought it might be important since reportly the sheet she was found in was twin size, meaning the sleeping cab this person has might have something special about it. I learned that Kenworth and Peterbilt are considered the "Cadillacs" of the trucking industry. And lastly, I learned that you need to stop at "Port of Entry" into another state.


As for any remaining questions about the case, I wonder about her travels in Spain. The reason is that in Europe and other countries, hitchhiking is not seen as taboo as it is here in the United States. No one is saying she took a ride only considering all possibilities. Spain is known for its nightlife. They have a special term for it that I cannot remember. Which leads to whether or not she had a pen and paper in the car. Imagine for a second you've made dozens of long distance trips to college. I've seen the tow tags on cars while I travel the interstate. The point is that IF she had walked somewhere it makes one wonder why she did not leave a note? I broke down on an expressway and after waiting over an hour for the police to show up I decided to walk(after I saw one of them just drive on by me). I did not have my hood up though although I did have a flat tire on the back drivers side. What I did was leave a note on my car saying I walked to the gas station and could be found there. I did that because I did not want the police tagging my car as an abandoned vehicle and hoped that if they got the note they would drive alongside to pick me up on my way to the gas station. When I finally got back to my car a few hours later the note was still there. The point is that if she did not leave a note she must not have thought she would be gone long. Of course all this is based on an assumption.

When it comes to highway exits, the one she was found at in Missouri is not found on a road map. It is however found on a topographical map. So I wanted to know if there were other county road exits found on a topographical map but not on a basic Missouri road map. I wrote down all the exits found on a topographical map, but not on a good road map. They are exits 22, 33, 61(maybe), 107, 123, 176, 189, 210. Whoever did this had to pass 6 other county road exits. So it comes down to whether there is something special about that exit. OR it is just random. Also, because of all this passing other exits, this person has to have an extreme amount of patience. Even if she is alive, that is still a long way to drive. As for the two main suspects in her case, the one from Peru, IL is dead but you wonder how he got caught for his first crimes. Was it some brilliant detective or forensic evidence that did him in? As for Bruce Mendenhall, you wonder how somebody who is so sloppy could have committed Tammy's murder? It just does not seem like it is the guy. It does not make sense. Tammy's killer seems to be more intelligent and brazen. Even if you consider the person transports Tammy and is confident in their driving ability, you wonder why they would drive that far to prove it? If you get stopped for a speeding ticket or a bad tail light, you will have alot of explaining to do. It would certainly make one nervous.


The sad thing about Tammy's case is that there are so many cases that are so similar, where the victim is just as attractive, sometimes even the circumstances are similar. A girl named Amanda Tusing was driving home from her boyfriends house when she pulled to the side of the road during a rain storm. This happened in northeast Arkansas. Her body was later found in a river near where she had disappeared from the side of the road. There are so many cases where the mystery still remains.


I think what is most interesting about Tammy Zywicki's case is that when they listed the items that were taken one of them included a prized camera she carried around. The serial number of the camera is 2697811 and the serial number of the lens is 1006918 in case anyone comes aross this blog or happens to have that camera. This information can be found in The Chicago Tribune, May 1993 I think. It also lists other items that were not found.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home