TheCanDo

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Amanda Tusing: The ATM card

I thought of another idea concerning Amanda Tusing's murder case the other day when I was at the ATM. I read somewhere that her and her boyfriend had stopped at an ATM in the hours before she got in her car to drive back home. Whatever I read it did not say who withdrew cash, but it really does not matter since I do not even know if Amanda Tusing's wallet is as disheveled as mine is.

One of the things I suggested to help narrow down a possible suspect is whether or not she gave the police officer or person posing as police her license and registration. Maybe they did not ask for it, but that would be odd. I think asking for it would make the potential victim believe more or less that they were actually dealing with a police officer. Getting back to the ATM card, if a person pulls that card out of their wallet and no others up to the point of being on the side of the road, which card should be the first one facing out in the wallet? The ATM card. Now there is no definitive answer. Maybe the person just shoves the card back between the other cards in their wallet so that would not help. I just noticed that whenever I pull a card out of my wallet to give to a cashier, whether it be my ATM card or my license that card is always first when I open my wallet again. Maybe she had one of those wallets where each card has a slot for that particular card so this would not help.

But there is still the registration. I keep my registration in my glove compartment box in my car or on the side door along with insurance card, etc. If a police officer asks for that information I would have to dig through the other papers in my glove compartment so when I get the registration back, I throw it in the glove compartment. When I open the glove compartment next, which paper should be on top? The registration. If I kept the registration on the side panel of one of my doors, when I pull it for the police officer and then put it back, it would most likely be in front of the other papers or it would be sticking up a little kind of like when someone pulls a file folder from a cabinet but does not push it all the way back down when they put it back.

Police check all of this stuff out, but for my blog I thought I would post it as an example. This case has very little to write about because there are no witnesses and no physical evidence. But it is a good case for a blog since the person responsible has little to fear from police prosecution. It is about as close to getting away with murder as possible. The only thing I really want to know is if it is really a police officer or someone posing as a police officer? I know that is the main theory, but you never know.

If what police say is true, that it is most likely a police officer or someone posing as a police officer, remember that if the person is careful they will probably have planned this type of crime out ahead of time. The advice I would give is that if you are driving late at night and you get pulled over by someone you think might not be a police officer, after you are stopped, look for one thing: whether the guy turns out his lights.

One thing that I find "odd" while not being conclusive is that can of soda, not just the way it was placed, but when it was placed. Even if she stops at a gas station to pick up that can of soda before she stops her car, I am very surprised that when they find the vehicle the can of soda is still cold, "half-frosted". The boyfriend does not find the car until nearly two hours later. I can tell you since I did not have a refrigerator until a short while ago that whenever I tried to keep a can of soda cold during the summer it never worked. If I left a can of soda sitting like that in my car for two hours it would not be cold.

The last question that I find interesting is why does someone set the parking brake on level ground if they are not going to leave the vehicle? I just thought maybe it is because they are going to look under the car. When it is a habit to lock the doors you lock the doors. As for my theory about being locked out of the car, I actual did that one time. I had manual locks and managed to lock myself out of the car while the car was still running!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 28, 2011 at 4:23 PM , Anonymous D. said...

Hi J, I don't think it was a can of soda; I think it was a plastic cup with ice and a lid, like a Big Gulp. That would explain why it was still cold.

 
At March 28, 2011 at 4:39 PM , Blogger J said...

Thank you for the comment. That would certainly explain it since I assumed it was a can of soda. I assume alot of things since that is all I can do. I agree alot of news reports are off on alot of things. I wrote another post about Tammy Zywicki's case in which I detail all the items that are "off" in news reports. Most of what I write is a guess anyhow. Thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home